Here we are ready to go through the largest rapid. Things are quite calm here...
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Ridin' the Wave
In the previous post, I posted a picture of our family getting ready to go on the float trip-- well, thanks to a professional photographer who is making way too much money, here are pictures of us on the Clark Fork River in Montana.
Notice in this one - there is nothing but air under the front of the raft. Kinzlee, my youngest niece is our good luck mermaid on the front of the boat.
This would be why we were told NOT to go over this part of the rapid. Something about boats flipping and people getting hurt... Fortunately, neither one happened to us. Kinzlee swallowed about half of the river but was fine otherwise.
Once we got out of that one, we went directly into another one.
And here we are at the end... we made it!
I realize the pictures don't come with sound, but use your imagination. Something to the effect of Kinzlee screaming, Bryn crying and the rest of us just being glad we made it out without having to swim. They call us "The O'Turners" these days due to our Irish luck! Shamrock anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome - I've always wanted to do that. Great photos!
PS. That was really Maren - somehow I am logged onto my sister's account.
I'm sure that this is strange... but I just keep checking in. We are still thinking about Kim and her family and friends.
Post a Comment